Hot Fall

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Latest Painting is finished

As I came to update my blog this weekend I realized, it was already a month ago to date that I shared my inspiration for my current painting; the point being, it's taken a month to get this update finished; 'kinda' like best laid plans fall flat on thier face because we really don't have control of all the things that get in the way of those plans.
On October 21st I wrote about my painting inspiration you may recall. Houston is his name, a male cat,  with strong hunting instincts.  He is what I refer to as a 'special needs' cat. Kind of brainless and hard headed, a huge muscle with fur all over it, a clown and a wanna-be-hunter.



This week Houston decided to chase a bird and next thing you know he dissappeared from the back yard. This is a concern since he is not allowed outside without supervison. We went outside calling his name, over and over...worried that the worst had happened when he finally responded with a yelp. Houston cries like a baby, but where was he ?  We could not see him. The bird was long gone. Houston reappeared in the neighbors back yard.


He had jumped the fence and pathetic for a hunter the ol' boy couldn't figure out how to get back over the fence. After propping a ladder, calling and coaxing we tried the neighbors front door but no answer, so we were forced to jump the fence, throw him back into our yard and call it a day.

The painting is done, it's called 'Furry Sarape' and features Houston as the hopeless hunter, enjoy.







As usual, please send your comments, I look forward to hearing from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment