Hot Fall

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Painted Trunk Series - "A"

I have started painting a series  called "Painted Trunk"  I have completed Series 'A' and I am posting it here today.   Series 'B' in well in progress and will be posting in the next week or so.  My inspiration for these paintings are from New Delhi , India where Elephants are held in a sacred place and embellished with bright paints, embellished jeweled fabrics, and tassled covers. I hope you enjoy this painting and check back to look for more from me 'dedeanna' the artist in training....even if I am self taught.




The last photo is the inspiration photo for the painting itself.


What elephant symbolizes? The Elephant has many blessings in Feng Shui. Elephant brings infant luck to those who are wishing for babies in their lives. Buddha's mother dreamt about a white elephant and got pregnant after that. Therefore the elephant is a lucky omen in Buddhism. Elephant also take away troubles and is a protective symbol. Elephant is a sacred animal in Thailand and India, and is used to represent loyalty, wisdom, longevity and elegance. They are symbols of good luck and excellent fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment