Hot Fall

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Magic

The Living Desert, Palm Desert, CA was fortunate to receive a 16 Month Baby Jaguar from the Sonoran Desert around the first of March 2011. The Jaguar will be their main event in the newest section of the park 'Monarch of the Desert, Jaguar Edition', now open, effective April 1, 2011. I was so inspired by the beauty of this baby cat I decided to paint her, my very first wild cat.




The Living Desert ( located practically in my back yard) is open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. thru May 31. If you are a local like me the Living Desert offers discount admission thru the summer months.






Because the baby Jaguar did not have a name the Living Desert announced thru media a contest to name her for children ages 7-11.






The Living Desert’s new jaguar will be named “Magia,” the Spanish word for magic.

Brody Trent, 6, of Palm Desert, was the winner of the park’s naming contest for the 16-month-old female jaguar and was there for the grand opening of the “Monarch of the Desert” exhibit. About 600 schoolchildren entered the contest.





The Living Desert, 47-900 Portola Ave., is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through May 31, with summer hours from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. June 1 through Sept. 30. Admission is $14.25 for adults, $7.75 for children ages 3 to 12 and $12.75 for seniors, military and AAA members.






Additional Information: www.livingdesert.org or (760) 345-5694.
Hope you enjoyed my painting and remember, I'm just getting started with this painting thing ....so I would really appreciate your comments and opinions....I can handle it, I need to know.
Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment